Friday, March 12, 2010

I am officially 40!

Arriving at the Sheraton
Dinner at Earl's
Enjoying the sights of the 16th St. Mall
"Birthday Princess" at Maggiano's
A toast to 40

I can now say I am over the hill! I turned 40 on March 8 but can actually say I am ok with it. Even though I now think forty is the ultimate F word lol. I celebrated with three of my best girlfriends from high school. They came to Denver to enjoy a fun filled long weekend. We arrived on Sat. at the Sheraton downtown on the 16th Street Mall. Enjoyed a nice dinner at a restaurant called Earl's which was very good even though we all just shared a bunch of appetizers. From there we went to a piano bar named Sing Sing. Was brought up on stage for my birthday song which was a parody from the song Hello by Lionel Richie. The singers made up there on raunchy words to the song which will go untold from me. Sunday we walked and shopped the 16th St. Mall and then went to the movie Alice in Wonderland in 3D. The movie was definitely better than I thought it would be. That evening we went to one of my favorite restaurants, PF Changs, and ordered way too much food. While we were there, our waiter told us we for surely needed to stop by a little restaurant called Lucille's because he said they had the best biscuits and rubarb strawberry jam ever. And so we did on Monday morning, my official birthday, enjoy our biscuits. From there we went for massages at a spa called New Spirit Spa. They have the only floating tank in Denver which was the ultimate experience. You lay in a tank with 800 pounds of epsom salt so you naturally float on top of the water. If you never have experienced it before, I highly recommend it. I was an Olympic Synchronized swimmer in there. We also had a full body massage and when I say full body I mean full body because my ears were even included in that. They also detoxed our bodies through our feet. We had to soak our feet in a tub of minerals that released all the bad toxins in your body so by the end of the soak my water was actually black. Must of been all the Buzz Buckets we had at Sing Sing I'm guessing. After all that relaxation we had dinner at a restaurant that I like to call Heaven on Earth, 'Maggiano's. This is the best food I have ever had in my mouth. Then we were off to the highlight of the weekend, BON JOVI!!!!! Having grown up in the 80's, I know all the lyrics to every song they ever wrote. The accoustics at the concert were amazing and Jon looks just as good as ever. When they played there last song, I can honestly say I cried like a baby. I'm not sure if it was the great performance or me realizing that after three days of pure bliss that I would have to return to my normal life. Probably both right? I have to thank Jonna (Bits), Angel (Muffy) and Candy (Skanky) for making this the best 40th birthday a girl could ask for! Thanks also to my mother in law Marilyn for taking such good care of my children and husband while I was away. Even though my husband says it is so good to be me because my "job" is a breeze, I really missed my family. Darren did not really do my job though because all his meals were prepared for him (mamas boy), the boys did most of the stuff by themselves that I normally do for them, Grason spent the whole time with Grandma so he only had three kids to take care of and the house was just as I had left it. Grason said it best, "Mom, I'm so glad you're home because Dad really needed you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment